Immanuel Baptist Church - Pastor Profile
Term: Full Time
The Pastor will serve as the main preacher and spiritual leader for Immanuel Baptist Church (IBC). He will model a growing Christian life, provide direction, and equip the people through teaching the scriptures, oversee the weekly programs and worship services for the purpose of moving IBC forward.
Qualifications – Essential
- Meets the qualifications of a pastor as described in 1Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Communicates God’s Word accurately and clearly with practical application.
- Bachelor degree from accredited college or university and Bible school/seminary training from an institution having doctrinal beliefs consistent with the Bible and those of North American Baptist Conference (NAB).
- At least 3 years experience as a pastor.
- Lead in the building of growing ministries for children, youth, young and middle adults.
- Experience ministering to people of various cultures.
- Married with a wife who is committed to the ministry of Immanuel Baptist Church.
- Commitment to NAB and adheres to the statement of beliefs and practices.
- Affirm family and Sanctity of marriage as ordained by God.
- Experience working with staff.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Live in parsonage on site
Skills – Essential
- Pastoral care and spiritual oversight – Ensures that people’s needs are being addressed
- Protect the church from error and wrong.
- Practically and verbally present God’s Good News to people of various cultures inside and beyond our church facility (2 Tim 4:5); Also presents appropriate invitation for response.
- Build upon the foundation for new ministries (1 Cor 3:11)
Skills – Preferred
- Work with, motivate and encourage people of various ages and ethnic backgrounds
- Develop leaders as equippers and disciple makers
- Engage in the wider community outside IBC and leads the congregation in external ministries
- Demonstrate administrative skills
INTERESTED CANDIDATES - Please submit resume via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org