Immanuel Baptist Church Pastor Job Description
Job Title: Pastor
Reports To: Deacons
Position Status: Full-time
The Pastor of Immanuel Baptist Church (IBC) serves as the preacher/teacher that proclaims the Word of God to the congregation and leader of the church. The Pastor is responsible for communicating our biblical purpose and mission of IBC and leading the Ministerial Staff and the Congregation. The Pastor oversees the corporate worship of the congregation, serves as the leader and supervisor of Ministerial Staff, and ensures that the day-to-day ministries of IBC are conducted in a timely manner. The Pastor gives reports to and works directly with IBC Deacons, Trustees, and Church Council to maintain the health and faithfulness of the church, leads by example and cultivates a positive spirit throughout the church family. The Pastor in this role should represent Jesus Christ and His church in the community at large and lead with integrity, courage and humility.
The Pastor must have the requirements listed below:
- Born again and living a dedicated, biblically-centered, Christian life.
- Minister to the spiritual needs of the people as the Holy Spirit and the Word of God guide him.
- Meets the requirements of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Providing leadership in all spiritual matters of the church.
- Communicate effectively at all levels with large groups, small groups and person-to-person.
- Develop and communicate a clear vision for the future of the church.
- Be diligent and well organized with the ability to multi-task and pay attention to details.
- Maintain a commitment to promote good interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
- Be able to deal with conflict in a healthy and constructive manner, as stated in Matthew 18:15-17.
- Agreement with and commitment to the IBC Constitution and By Laws and to the North American Baptist (NAB) statement of beliefs and practices and NAB Pastoral Code of Ethics.
- Represents IBC at Southern Association pastor’s gatherings, annual sessions, North American Baptist Triennial and area ministerial meetings. Also participate at Bluebonnet Baptist Association meetings
- Be able to direct Ministerial Staff personally or delegate various aspects of ministry and administration of IBC.
- Be able to oversee the development of Church Leadership all levels, paid or volunteer.
- Maintain a commitment of confidentiality regarding all records and counseling.
The Pastor will be responsible for the following work tasks listed below:
- Personal prayer and study
- Studying, preaching and teaching the Word of God.
- Conducting regular services of IBC
- Meeting with Ministerial Staff weekly and Leadership monthly.
- Administer the Ordinances of Baptism and Lord’s Supper.
- Hiring and releasing Ministerial Staff upon receiving counsel and approval for such action from the Deacons.
- Evaluate the performance of the Ministerial Staff and Leadership.
- Organizing, promoting and overseeing special services and programs.
- Maintaining a positive, visible representation of IBC in the community and seeking to engage in relationships with the local schools.
- Being a member (ex-officio) of all committees and branch organizations of IBC
- Maintaining a posted schedule of office hours.
- Visiting and ministering to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
- Working closely with the deacons to ensure family visitation ministry is active and effective.
- Conducting counseling sessions including pre-marital counseling and providing referral if necessary, performing wedding ceremonies and conducting funeral services when requested.
- Overseeing, along with Deacons and Trustees, all IBC church discipline matters and conflict issues as prescribed in Matthew 18:15-17.
- Be willing to cooperate with associational and leaders in matters of mutual interest; Attending conferences, meetings and seminars on behalf of the church.
The Pastor shall be the spiritual and administrative leader of IBC as provided by the authority granted by the Constitution.
The Pastor is accountable to the Lord Jesus Christ first and foremost, as well as the Deacons, Trustees, church council and the congregation as prescribed by the Constitution.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES - Please submit resume via e-mail to: email@example.com